To celebrate the wonderful pancake day our Chefs & Nutritionist’s have shared 3 great recipes below.
You can try the classic thin and tasty Crepe, the stacked to the roof fluffy American style or finish off with an amazing savoury take with Korean style prawn & spring onion pancakes with just a little bit of a kick!
Let us know which you recipe you try on Twitter @STL_Central
- 150g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp oil, extra for frying
For the crepe batter –
- Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre, add the egg, egg yolk and oil.
- Beat in half of the milk, stirring rapidly at forst, then more slowl;y mixing the flour form the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in the remaining milk and the batter is ready to use.
To cook the crepes/pancakes –
- Heat a 4-5 inch frying pan until hot, pour in a little oil and tilt the pan so that the oil runs all over the surface. adidas stan smith 2 noir blanc Scarpe Adidas NMD Runner new balance damskie
- Scarpe adidas Ultra Boost
- Pour in a little batter and tilt the pan so that the batter makes a thin coating on the base.
- Cook until the surface looks dry, loosen the edges with a thin bladed knife, turn or flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
Pour off the excess oil.
Chef’s tip – This recipe will make 10-15 pancakes depending on the size of the pan. new balance bambino offerte asics gel kinsei mujer The first pancake is always the worst so don’t worry just try again and keep practising! Serving suggestion – traditionally served with sugar and lemon juice sprinkled over.
Alternatively ditch a few of the calories with these topper ideas:
– Vitamin C boost – Raspberry and strawberry fruit puree with fresh strawberry pieces – Sweet tooth – Blueberries and honey – Energy boost – Chopped banana, natural yoghurt and a cinnamon sprinkle – Fibre boost – use wholemeal flour instead
American Blueberry Pancakes
- 200g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 15g butter
- 150g blueberries
- Oil for frying
- Maple syrup or honey for drizzling
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl. soldes chaussures adidas asics gel lyte 5 mujer rojas Canotte Selección de USA Nike Air Max 2017 Goedkoop
- Nike Free 5.0 Dames grijs
- Nike Free 5.0 Dames blauw
- Nike Air Max Pas Cher Beat in the melted butter and gently stir in half of the blueberries.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a large non stick frying pan. Air Max Baratas asics gel lyte 3 hombre azules Drop a large tablespoon of the batter for each pancake into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. nike damskie buty czarne Marqise Lee – USC Trojans
- Orlando Magic
- ADIDAS ULTRA BOOST
- NIKE ZOOM KD 9
- To serve scatter over the remaining blueberries and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
Beat the egg with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk mixture to make a thick smooth batter.
Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden. fjällräven kånken Laptop 17 Kenley Jansen Authentic Jersey
Serving suggestion – For that extra treat Americans often serve these pancakes with a couple of rashers of crispy streaky bacon.
2017 nike air max pas cher Chefs Tip – Whilst you are finishing cooking all you pancakes, place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet, cover with foil and place in the oven on really low (70-80 degrees) to keep warm until you are ready to eat.
Korean Style Prawn & Spring Onion Pancakes
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar
For the pancakes
- 75g plain flour
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 100g small cooked prawns
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, chilli powder and a pinch of salt. Canotte Indiana Pacers cheap adidas uk
- ROSHE ONE
- Nike Air Max Thea Heren wit
- Heat the oil in a medium sized non stick frying pan and cook the spring onions for 1 minutes until they begin to soften. Fjallraven Kanken asics donna
- Nike Air Force 1 Women
- Adidas Yeezy 350 Donna
- Nike Air Max 2017 Dames
- PURE BOOST
- Adidas Nmd Donna Nere
Soldes Nike Pour Homme Flip over and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes more until cooked through.
Serving suggestion – Slice into wedges and serve with the dipping sauce.